The D&D μStarter Kit
A downloadable helper tool
The D&D μStarter Kit is a helper tool for players of Dungeons and Dragons. Roll dice, generate a character with an ad-libbed one-line backstory, or play a complete ad-libbed D&D scene!
This kit implements quantum computing for randomness and ad-libs, alongside user inputs.
Based on the D&D 5E Player’s Handbook.
- A character generator that provides a race, class, name, and a one-line ad-libbed backstory
- A dice roller to determine ability scores or to use during gameplay
- An ad-libbed D&D scene
An online version is provided at qdnd. This version runs only on the QASM simulator so that the server is not overloaded.
How to Run The D&D μStarter Kit Locally
If you want to run it on a actual quantum device, or just have a local copy of this follow the following step:
- Clone the git repository from Github.
- `cd` into the git repository.
- Execute `pip install -r requirements.txt`.
- Execute `export FLASK_APP = app.py`.
- Execute `flask run`.
The app will available at `127.0.0.1:5000/`. You can direct your browser to that location to access it. To run this on an actual quantum device, open `app.py` and edit it as mentioned in the comments in the file, before executing `flask run`.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.